The CYCLONE HSR rifle is a premium product designed specifically for military and specialist long range applications. Steel Core rifles are designed and made in England, using the latest technology they are precision built to fine tolerances with high grade materials. Our quality control meets the highest recognized standards.
- Our receivers use a rugged, high tensile steel 4-lug bolt, incorporating an innovative firing pin system. The short firing pin travel enables a very fast lock time (firing pin release to primer impact) of around 1.5 milliseconds. This improves rifle control during the firing cycle.
- Heavy recoil plate system located into both the action body and rifle stock. This feature reduces flexing of the
- stock structure, assists in rifle accuracy, and enhances recoil management
- Management of recoil energy created from the HSR CYCLONE is achieved by the ergonomically designed stock following the natural path of the recoil. The barrel, receiver and butt are in a perfect straight line to the users shoulder. Rifle control during the shot is maximized and assists the user in spotting fall of shot and new target acquisition.
- Low friction and wear resistant VDP coatings reduce the need for lubrication. The weapons are ideally suited for the extremes of heat, cold, damp and dry dusty conditions found in current operational environments.
- The rifle safety lever is incorporated in the trigger mechanism for ease of use.
- A high quality trigger is vital to enable shooter and rifle to perform together. All SCD triggers have a 2 stage operation, first and second pull, factory set to 1.5 kg pull weight. The release is both crisp and predictable, and maintenance requirement is minimal. The complete trigger unit can be readily removed for cleaning.
- Standard colors are Black and Dark Earth; most RAL colors can be accommodated, though charges may apply.
- The Picatinny scope rail is angled to suit the weapon and/or customer requirements. All CYCLONE rifles are equipped with a 600 mm long Picatinny top rail to accommodate additional thermal and night vision equipment. Side and lower Picatinny rails are supplied for additional accessories.
- SCD barrels are produced to a very high quality match grade specification. Tactical rifle barrels are VDP coated and are threaded for fitting muzzle brake, suppressor, etc...
- The SCD designed bipod is fully height adjustable and fits directly to the forend. The bipod features a swivel action which rotates around the centerline of the bore. This feature minimizes shot deviation due to torque reaction. The bipod features a quick release mechanism and needs no tools for removal or fitting.
- Our highly efficient muzzle brake is a standard fitment to all of our tactical rifles and greatly reduces recoil and increases control of rifle movement during the firing process.
- The CYCLONE stock features a folding butt as standard for easy bore sighting, cleaning, maintenance and transit. The butt is adjustable for length with spacers (there is the option of integrated length adjustment) and incorporates a quick deployment mono pod, fully adjustable with thumbwheel fine adjustment. It is also ambidextrous and ergonomically designed for maximum comfort and performance. The innovative design and choice of materials have been proven to perform in extremes of temperature and operational environments.
Calibers: 12.7 x 99 (50 BMG), 50 DTC, 416 Barrett
Engagement Range*: Up to 2,200 meters
Accuracy **: < ½ MOA <0.15 Mil Rad
Barrel Length: 29” 74 cm
Barrel Twist: 1 : 15” 1:38.10cm
Overall Length: 57”/ 145 cm
Folded Length: 47”/ 120 cm
Operational Weight ***: 33.1 lbs 15.0 Kg
Stock Color: Black and Dark Earth
One, 5 round magazine
Muzzle Brake: Standard
Sling Attachment: Standard
Field Tool Kit: Standard
Field Cleaning Kit: Standard
Waterproof Rigid Transit Case: Standard
Call or contact us for the following options:
Tactical Day Scope And Rings, Night Vision And LADS, Infra-Red And TI Sights
Drag Bag, Sound Suppressor, Sling, Training
* Dependent upon ammunition and shooter skill.
** Using match grade ammunition, group size as defined by SCD is measured from
shot center to centre with a four shot group. Tested distance 100 metres.
*** Approximate as dependant on accessories.